The Cleveland Alumnae Panhellenic Association (CAPA) awards several $2,000 scholarship grants each year to deserving sorority women whose home residence is in the Greater Cleveland Area.
Scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement, service and need to members of eligible sororities.
Eligibility and application details are below. For further information, you may contact us at email@example.com.
2017 Collegiate Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
The Cleveland Alumnae Panhellenic Association (CAPA) is offering non-restrictive $2,000 grants to be used for the 2017-2018 academic year to sorority women in need of financial assistance.
Eligible candidates must:
- Be a freshman, sophomore, junior, senior (requiring a fifth year for completion of her major), or pursuing an immediate post-graduate degree at an accredited 4-year college/university.
- Be an initiated member in good standing of a National Panhellenic Conference fraternity that is in good standing with the Cleveland Alumnae Panhellenic Association.
- Have graduated from a high school in the Greater Cleveland area and have a permanent residence in the same Greater Cleveland area which includes the counties of Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, Medina, Portage, Summit and Ashtabula.
- Have a grade point average sufficient to maintain good standing within her sorority.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Demonstrate on-going involvement in her sorority.
- Not have been a previous recipient of this scholarship.
- Provide two recommendations from:*
- The chapter advisor or other alumnae member of the chapter’s advisory board
- A current university faculty member or employer
* Recommendations from chapter members or relatives are not permitted.
How to Apply
Application materials (3 page application and 2 recommendation forms) may be found on the Cleveland Alumnae Panhellenic Association website at http://clevelandpanhellenic.org.
- Complete and submit the online application with transcript attached. Recommendation forms must be hard copy and mailed to the below address.
- Or, download the application, fill out and return with transcript and sealed recommendation forms to the below address.
Karen Erlenbach, CAPA Scholarship Chair
32350 Meadowlark Way
Pepper Pike, OH, 44124
Materials must be electronically received or postmarked no later than February 28, 2017.
- Scholarship Application
- Recommendation Form
*** The 2016-2017 Scholarship deadline has passed. The application process is now closed. ***