"Being in a sorority is NOT what you see on TV and in movies." -NPCWomen.org
Yes, there are social functions, fraternity men and visitors from the inter/national organization, but sorority life does not revolve around these things, says The Sorority Life.
It is so much more!
Sororities are national or international sisterhoods with chapters at accredited colleges and universities. As extended family units, sororities offer warm, caring atmospheres which encourage individual development. This sisterhood lasts long after the collegiate days are over.
Alumnae women continue to stay involved in their local alumnae chapters and/or serve as advisors to collegiate chapters.
Sororities truly "span a lifetime".
WHAT IT IS
- A life-long support system that provides career and networking opportunities during college and in the real world
- An organization that values philanthropy and community service
- A place where women learn to be leaders
- A place to meet amazing friends who will always be there for you when you need them
- A place to enjoy formal dances, date parties and other fun social events
WHAT IT ISN'T
- A place that puts your looks and wardrobe ahead of your values and personality
- Full of ditzy girls who are only out to have a good time
- A place that will haze you or make you do things against your will
- Full of rich, spoiled and snobby girls
- A place that is only interested in your money while you're in school and will forget about you after you graduate