Chartered in 1914, the Cleveland Alumnae Panhellenic Association (CAPA) is a community-based organization affiliated with the National Panhellenic Conference. As an NPC affiliate, CAPA promotes its principles, projects and decisions in the northeast Ohio region.
Currently, CAPA has 22 NPC sororities sitting on council. This represents 36 regional alumnae chapters, with a combined membership of more than 1500 active sorority women!
For more than 100 years, raising money for scholarships and grants has been a key focus for CAPA. The organization has awarded more than $500,000 since 1915.
- To ENCOURAGE interfraternity friendship, collaboration and awareness of current trends
- To DEVELOP educational projects by offering scholarships to deserving students
- To UNITE college and alumnae Panhellenics in study of programs and developments interesting to all member group fraternities
- To EMBODY the Panhellenic image through social service, civic affairs and philanthropic fields
- To PROMOTE the fraternity system through demonstration that Panhellenic has high purpose and lasting values